Politics World

The trial of Hosni Mubarak will be held in Cairo

CAIRO (Reuters) – The trial of former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak and other former officials for their role in the deaths of demonstrators during the uprising of this winter will be held in Cairo, announced the Egyptian news agency Mena on Thursday.

The case of Mubarak, his son Alaa and two Gama, the former Interior Minister Habib al Adli and several other officials to begin on August 3. It will be held in the Exhibition Center of the Egyptian capital, the agency said, quoting the Deputy Minister of Justice.

Judicial source, it was said previously that Mubarak, aged 83, could be found in Sharm el Sheikh resort on the banks of the Red Sea where he was hospitalized in April, where he was questioned by the courts.

Habib al Adly is accused of having ordered the police to fire live ammunition at the demonstrators demanded the departure of Hosni Mubarak in January and February. The crackdown left more than 840 deaths, according to an official report.

Former Rais, who left office on February 11, and his son must meet two of the same charges that the former minister.

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS