World

Tapping scandal in Britain: the 12th person arrested on bail

LONDON – A 61 year old male arrested in connection with the investigation into the scandal of illegal telephone tapping of “News of the World” was released on bail, London police said on Thursday.

The police did not disclose his identity but according to British media, this is Greg Miskiw, who worked for the tabloid.

His arrest on Wednesday by police was the 12th in the investigations. Greg Miskiw, who lived until recently in Florida, told reporters in July that he planned to return to Britain to meet with investigators. Police said he had been released on bail early Thursday morning, pending further investigations.

Investigators interested in the tabloid allegations that the group had hacked on the phone messages of celebrities, politicians and even crime victims.
The scandal, which tarnished the political world, has in particular led Rupert Murdoch to close “News of the World” and to renounce the acquisition of the BSkyB satellite platform and accept the resignation of senior members of his group. Heard by a parliamentary committee, the media mogul has denied responsibility in the matter.

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS