World

Libya: One of Gaddafi’s son was killed in a NATO raid

Benghazi, Libya – The youngest son of Muammar Gaddafi, Khamis, a commander of 27, was killed Friday in a NATO air strikes in Zliten in western Libya, according to unconfirmed report by the insurgency. In April Tripoli had said that NATO had killed another son of the “Guide”, Saif al-Arab.

A spokesman of the insurgency, Mohammad al-Rajala said, on the basis of this information, as Khamis was one of Gaddafi 33 soldiers killed in a raid of the Atlantic Alliance on a government operations center in Zliten city located 140km southeast of Tripoli early Friday.

The son of the “Guide” Libyan, aged 27, led the 32nd Brigade engaged in combat against rebels in the area.

Representatives of the Tripoli regime could not be reached for comment.

NATO said there had been bombing around Zlitan on Thursday but a spokesman in Brussels was not able to verify this information.

The deputy spokeswoman of the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs has not confirmed the death of the son Gaddafi. “We have no evidence corroborating this information,” said Christine Fages at the regular press briefing.

In April, the Libyan government had claimed that Saif al-Arab, another son of Muammar Gaddafi, and three small children of the master of Tripoli had died in a NATO raid on their house in the district of Ghargour in Tripoli.

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS