* ALCOA – the absence of encouraging economic indicators, investors are now looking forward to the new earnings season, which starts Monday night, after closing, by the Quarterly aluminum companies.
* ARCH CHEMICALS – Lonza, specializing in life sciences, announced Monday the acquisition of the U.S. Arch Chemicals, a company active in biocides.
* GOODYEAR – Goodyear announced the closure of a factory in Tennessee and expects an additional after-tax charge of about twenty million in the second half.
* NEWS CORP – The British government will ask the regulator of the media to consider whether the guarantees provided by the group of Rupert Murdoch with a view to acquisition of the BSkyB satellite TV package is still credible with regard to the case of News the World.
* PEABODY – The energy company has teamed up with ArcelorMittal to submit an offer of $ 5 billion on the Australian Macarthur Coal, the world leader of pulverized coal.