NEW YORK, NY -the Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., called Nafissatou Diallo for the charge of Dominique Strauss-Kahn, is likely to announce the dropping of all charges against the former head of the IMF, officials said a source familiar with the matter.
The maid of Guinean origin DSK accused of attempting to rape 14 May in a hotel room in New York. Dominique Strauss-Kahn has always protested his innocence and pleaded not guilty to seven charges brought against him, including sexual assault, attempted rape, kidnapping and forcible touching.
Nafissatou Diallo is convened on Monday at 15h by the prosecutor on the eve of a new court hearing Tuesday. Cyrus Vance Jr., says one source familiar with the matter, Mrs. Diallo is expected to announce that he will seek dismissal of the case. It will include the absence of evidence of forced sex and doubts about the credibility of his testimony, preventing it from asking a jury to trust him, adds the same source.
The tabloid “New York Post” reported Sunday, citing sources close to the prosecution, the attorney Vance would ask the dropping of all charges against DSK. According to a source of “New York Post,” the recommendation of the prosecutor mentioned the new details, further undermining the credibility of Diallo Nafissatou.
Attorney Vance himself has expressed serious doubts officially end in June, due to the young woman lies on her personal situation during her immigration to the United States.
Following the prosecutor’s questions, Judge Michael Obus decided on July 1 to lift the house arrest of DSK and the release without bail. Since then, Dominique Strauss-Kahn is free to move, but is not allowed to leave the United States.
Nafissatou Diallo’s lawyers, Kenneth Thompson and Douglas Wigdor, said to expect a dismissal of the case. Nafissatou Diallo “feels abandoned by the prosecutor,” Mr. Thompson said in an interview broadcast by RTL on Monday . She feels “that more investigation on it as Dominique Strauss-Kahn,” he added. “All Nafissatou wants is justice, she just wants a trial,” argued the lawyer.
If the Attorney Vance discontinue criminal proceedings and returned to France as DSK, the procedure will not be completed so far, for his part stressed Wigdor Me in an interview with Journal du Dimanche. “We have served our DSK civil complaint (August 8 ) Now the civil trial can be held without him,” he said.
In France, prosecutors opened a preliminary investigation following the complaint filed in early July by the journalist and writer Tristane Banon. It accuses Dominique Strauss-Kahn of attempted rape, for acts that allegedly took place in 2002 in a Paris apartment.