Although some people are more prone to heartburn than others, this unpleasant sensation is very common. Compliance with certain rules may limit such nuisances. Follow our advice against heartburn.
10 tips against heartburn
1. Do not lie down after lunch. After dinner, wait at least one hour before bedtime. Avoid lying down watching TV.
2. After meals, avoid efforts and avoid leaning forward.
3. Elevate the head of your bed by putting blocks about 15 cm.
4. Drink a full glass of plain water after meals (avoid soft drinks) to push back the heartburn.
5. Avoid certain beverages: those containing caffeine or caffeine, and all alcoholic beverages. Also avoid fruit juices and especially citrus juices. Limit milk.
6. Limit fatty foods and fried foods.
7. Split your meals and avoid large meals.
8. Avoid spices, herbs, spearmint and peppermint.
9. Watch your weight and fight against all overweight.
10. Counter without a prescription, there are antacids, which neutralize the acidity of the contents of the stomach . However, it is best to talk to your doctor. It will propose the diagnosis and treatment is best for you. In all cases, self-medication should never exceed more than 15 days without medical advice.