Which films (US) the funniest in the history of cinema? The list revealed by the Writers Guild of America responds to this very serious issue. The union, which brings together the US screenwriters (including the Farrelly brothers, Jon Favreau and Alexander Payne), has just voted to raise the ranking of top 101 comedy scripts. And in first place, ie, is Annie Hall who wins the bet.
Released in 1977, this American comedy with Woody Allen had already allowed the director to win especially at that time four Oscars (Best film, Best Director, Best Screenplay and Best Actress for Diane Keaton) and César for Best Foreign Film. What is the best comedy of all time?
Woody Allen, best represented director
On the podium, worship Woody Allen film ahead of the equally cult Some Like It Hot Billy Wilder (1959) and Groundhog Day Harold Ramis (1993). Then follow Are there a pilot in the plane? Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry Zucker and Tootsie Sydney Pollack (1982).
With seven films in the present classification ( Sleeper Bananas Take the Money and Run Love and Death Manhattan and Broadway Danny Rose ), Woody Allen is the best represented in the rankings filmmaker.
What is the best comedy of all time?:
top 20 best comedies of American cinema
1. Annie Hall Woody Allen (1977)
2. Some Like It Hot Billy Wilder (1959)
3. Groundhog Day Harold Ramis (1993)
4. Are there a pilot in the plane? Jim Abrahams, David Zucker and Jerry (1980)
5. Tootsie Sydney Pollack (1982)
6. Frankenstein Mel Brooks (1974)
7. Dr. Strangelove Stanley Kubrick (1964)
8. The Sheriff is in jail Mel Brooks (1974)
9. Holy Grail Monty Python (1975)
10. American College John Landis (1978)
11. Spinal Tap Rob Reiner (1984)
12. The Producers Mel Brooks (197)
13. The Big Lebowski Ethan Coen & Joel (1998)
14. S.O.S. Ghosts Ivan Reitman (1984)
15. When Harry Met Sally Rob Reiner (1989)
16. Bridesmaids Paul Feig (2011)
17. Duck Soup Leo McCarey (1933)
18. About Mary Peter and Bobby Farrelly (1998)
19. The Jerk Carl Reiner (1979)
20. A Fish Called Wanda John Cleese and Charles Crichton (1988)