15 Blunt and instigators phrases Frida Kahlo
This Mexican artist is one of the most famous women in the History Latin America, apart from its great works of art; was a revolutionary poet in his time.
We want to share with you some of her famous phrases, so you never forget to Magdalena Carmen Frida Kahlo Calderon.
1. I paint flowers so they will not die.
2. There have been two great accidents in my life. One was the trolley, and the other was Diego. Diego was by far the worst.
3. I love you more than my own skin and even though you don’t love me the same way, you love me anyways, don’t you? And if you don’t, I’ll always have the hope that you do, and i’m satisfied with that. Love me a little. I adore you.
4. The most interesting thing about the so-called lies of Diego is that, sooner or later, the ones involved in the imaginary tale get angry, not because of the lies, but because of the truth contained in the lies, which always comes forth.
5. I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best.
6. I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me, too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it’s true I’m here, and I’m just as strange as you.
7. They thought I was a Surrealist, but I wasn’t. I never painted dreams. I painted my own reality.
8. I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.
9. I am not sick. I am broken. But I am happy to be alive as long as I can paint.
10. I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.
11. At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.
12. Nothing is worth more than laughter. It is strength to laugh and to abandon oneself, to be light.
13. Tragedy is the most ridiculous thing.
14. They are so damn “intellectual” and rotten that I can’t stand them anymore….I would rather sit on the floor in the market of Toluca and sell tortillas, than have anything to do with those “artistic” bitches of Paris.
15. The only thing I know is that I paint because I need to, and I paint whatever passes through my head without any other consideration.
Author of the cover photo. Nickolas Muray